Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have to make this for every family get together and for every potluck at work. I have given this recipe to 100 plus friends & family. It is just awesome.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 -6 tablespoons melted butter (, your preference)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend the butter and flour together and add to the corn.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until brown, approximately 35 minutes.
Quick, easy and excellent. Everyone liked it. All kinds of variations can be made by adding meat or veggies. This goes in my "everyday meals" file.
This was such a luscious creamy corn casserole. We enjoyed the creamy/crunchy texture and the cayenne pepper gave the casserole a nice bite. This is a very easy recipe make and the final product is quite nice. I am guessing that you could substitute 1 pint of 'half and half' rather than 1/2 pint of whipping cream and 1/2 pint of milk. Will throw this in with my side dish rotations! Thanks!
Very good, thanks for a great recipe, I did not get any, so I will have to make it again!