Recipe by K9 Owned
Grab an appropriate cocktail, fire up the grill and pretend you are in Taranga, NZ overlooking the South Pacific. Better than Calgon for taking you away. :) From The New Zealand Kiwifruit Marketing Board
- 6 kiwi fruits
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 16 large peeled shrimp
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you like some heat
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and set aside.
- Peel and quarter the Kiwifruit.
- Cut Chicken into 16 1" pieces.
- Core and quarter Red Bell pepper and cut each quarter in to 4 pieces.
- Peel and quarter Red onion and separatet each quarter in to 4 pieces.
- Toss Chicken, peppers and onion in to the marinade and marinate for 1 - 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook add the kiwifruit and shrimp to the marinade. Toss to coat.
- Divide the ingredients between 8 skewers (if using wood soak them for 30 minutes first).
- Grill or broil 3 - 4 minutes a side turning skewers once, until chicken and shrimp are cooked through.