Recipe by Mysterygirl
THis is a copycat version of the delicious cake.
Top Review by Nimmireth
Mmmm - yum! I love coconut, and you can really taste it in this recipe! Quite a dense, moist cake, but not unbearably so, and not unbearably sweet, either. Not to die for, but great if you're looking for a coconut cake recipe without frosting, like I was. I probably wouldn't make it for company, because it's pretty plain-looking, but it's a good snack cake! And you could probably frost it with a nice cream cheese or coconut frosting to make it a bit fancier (and sweeter) if you wanted! Thanks, Mysterygirl!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 by 2 inch round cake pan and line bottom with wax paper or parchment.
- Grease paper and dust pan with flour, knocking out excess.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla then beat in eggs, 1 at a time (mixture may look curdled).
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk in 3 batches on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat batter 1/2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Fold in coconut.
- Spoon batter into cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the middle of oven until golden brown or until tester comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack for 1 hour, then invert onto rack.
- Remove paper and reinvert onto another rack to cool completely.