Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I just found this recipe among my Mother's handwritten recipe cards circa 1976. As I remember, we enjoyed it often. I think it came from a Pa. Dutch cookbook we had. That book might have been a gift from my Pa. Dutch mother-in-law. We never used the pineapple, though.
- Rub ham slice with dry mustard.
- Place ham in large skillet or glass baking dish.
- Cover with brown sugar.
- Add enough milk to barely cover the ham.
- Bake 1 hour to 1-1/4 hours at 325. Milk should be almost all absorbed.
- You can add pineapple slices 1/2 hour before done. We preferred not to use the pineapple.
You can make that again. These words from my DH bring joy to my heart. Followed the recipe exactly leaving out the pineapple. The ham was tender and tasty, the sweet taste lingers in your mouth. Will add this recipe to our family favorites. Thanks so much for posting.