Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve on wheat or rye bread or use as a cracker spread.
- 1 lb ham, diced small
- 1 lb sauerkraut, well -drained
- 1 lb swiss cheese, diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise (or just enough to bind it together)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Chill or serve right away.
For anyone who loves sauerkraut, this is one to try, just remember to hand-squeeze out the excess moisture in the sauerkraut very well, or within a couple of hours your salad will be sitting in water, I increased the sugar and adjusted some of the other ingredients also. Great recipe Marcie! Kitten :)