1 hr 15 mins
When my mom was little she used to get this at a favorite diner. For years, she has told me how she misses this recipe for chicken & waffles and how she wished she found a recipe. I found it for her and she was sooo happy. It brought back many happy memories 8) I thought it was a cozy, yummy recipe to post. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a stew pan on high heat, sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Add to pan and brown both sides. Add the celery, carrot, onion, bay leaf and broth.
- 3Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- 4Remove chicken from pot; cool and remove fat and bones and pull apart into small pieces.
- 5Skim excess fat from broth. Discard vegetables (or eat). Mix flour and water until smooth.
- 6Bring broth to a slow boil. Add flour-water paste gradually, stirring rapidly after each addition.
- 7Continue until gravy is the desired thickness and taste for seasoning.
- 8Add chicken and keep warm over very low heat.
- 9While cooking, make waffles according to recipe and waffle iron instructions.
- 10If necessary, place in a 200° oven to keep warm. Serve waffles with chicken and gravy.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pa Dutch Chicken & Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.2
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 210.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 34.7 g