Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
p90x Vegetable Soup
Make and share this P90x Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 10 cups fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups onions, quartered
- 1 cup carrot, sliced 1 inch thick
- 3 cups celery, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 dash black pepper
- In a large stockpot, combine the chicken broth, potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, tomato sauce, garlic, parsley, and cilantro. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 to15 minutes more, or until the zucchini is just tender. Season to taste with black pepper and serve.
- If desired, add protein powder just before serving.
great for vegies but not big in flavour - we actually ended up adding a can of tomatoes and that helped alot