Recipe by MissyCakes
Here's a tasty Asian-influenced main course recipe that's easy to prepare and packed with protein. Whip the ingredients together and let the chicken marinate in the fridge while you run errands, do your P90X workout, or go to work—then grill it up in minutes whenever you're ready! Delicious and convenient. From Tony Horton's newsletter.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinned and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons chinese five-spice powder
- 1 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine five-spice powder, sauce, juice, oil, ginger, garlic, and salt (to taste) in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Add chunks of chicken breast and stir to coat.
- Distribute chicken so all pieces have maximum contact with marinade, cover bowl, and marinate for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat gas or electric grill, or light charcoal grill.
- When grill is nearly ready, remove chicken from refrigerator and spear cubes on bamboo skewers.
- grill for 1 minute on each of four sides, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- * If no Chinese five-spice powder, mix ground cloves, cinnamon, hot pepper, fennel, and anise to make 2 teaspoons.