Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Shrimp pasta pomodoro–level iii
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan and sauté for several minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes to pan; simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook for several more minutes, until shrimp are opaque.
- Add basil and toss shrimp mixture with cooked pasta.
We used some wierd pasta that was like an oversized spaghetti noodle and it was like sucking through a wet straw.....this was okay in flavor and we did Level 1 portion