Recipe by MissyCakes
Want gourmet grub without steakhouse prices and calorie counts? This easy-to-prepare recipe will dazzle your guests' taste buds so much, nobody will even notice it's actually healthy. But vampires, beware! From Tony Horton's newsletter.
- 1 bulb of garlic, roasted, with papery skin removed
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices red onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Combine roasted garlic, sirloin, zucchini, rosemary, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Shape into 4 equal patties.
- Grill or broil (if broiling, use a baking sheet) 5 minutes per side for medium burgers, a bit more or less for well-done or rare.
- Arrange burgers, tomato, lettuce, and onion on buns.
- To Roast Garlic:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap garlic in foil, place in oven and roast 45 minutes until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, peel away foil and squeeze cloves from papery skin.