Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Want a taste of the Orient without all the fatty, sugary, salty sauces so many takeout places dish up? Here's a quick and easy recipe balanced in protein and carbs. Chopsticks are optional. From a p90x newsletter.
- 2 ounces lean sirloin steaks, grilled
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (or mint, if you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup baby greens
- 1 scallion, sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- After grilling or broiling, thinly slice steak against the grain.
- Place first six ingredients in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime over salad, then drizzle with olive oil and soy sauce.
- Gently toss to mix and coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.