Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
After many years of yearning for the Pancakes I enjoyed as a youth at the local diner that was demolished decades ago to make way for a fast food joint and an adult mart, I set out to try or create pancake recipes until I found the right combination of the most basic ingredients. That silvered car that was a sliver of my youth can be your kitchen... sans the surly waitress with the Marlboro hanging from her lips.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted after measured
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients into a blender, dry in first, wet in second.
- Blend just until smooth.
- Ladle onto greased (PAM, although the diner used butter) nonstick pan/griddle using a #12 scoop (approx. 1/4-1/3 c.).
- Flip approximately 90-120 seconds after edges look firm or when golden brown.
- Repeat cooking on other side, keeping in mind that the second side will take slightly less time to cook.
- Serve and enjoy!