Recipe by joanna.l.wilson
I'd been looking for this recipe for years. A friend's mom recently gave it to me. She says this recipe works well doubled too.
- 4 cups tapioca flour, be sure to use kind without cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, minas cheese will also work
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In saucepan, combine water, oil, and salt. Bring to boil.
- In wide mixing bowl add tapioca flour. Slowly pour water/oil/salt mixture over the tapioca flour while mixing.
- Wait for it to cool to around room temperature.
- Mix in cheese.
- Knead in eggs one by one.
- Dough should be sticky. It should be the consistency that holds its shape, but still sticks to your fingers.
- If mixture feels too dry mix in a little more water or milk. If mixture is much to dry mix in another egg. If dough is too wet add more tapioca flour.
- Place spoonfuls of dough onto greased or non-stick backing sheet.
- Bake roughly 30 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Rolls will be slightly hardened on the outside, but still chewy, but not doughy or gooey. Over cooked rolls will turn rock hard when cooled.