1/2 Photos of Pão De Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Puffs)
This cheese bread is a very popular breakfast item and also a snack in Brazil. You can find them in coffee shops, bakeries and restaurants. This recipe is amazing because there is no mess, you just blender all ingredients and then pour in a mini-muffin tray. Besides the delicious flavor, this bread is gluten free, what means that more people can enjoy it! I took this recipe at Rainhas do Lar blog (www.rainhasdolar.com).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease (or spray) the bottoms of 24 (or 48) mini-muffin cups.
- 3Blend milk, oil and eggs, then add tapioca starch and finally, cheese. The result must be something very liquid.
- 4Pour the mixture in the muffins cups, filling about 2/3 of each one.
- 5Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake at 350°F until done or golden brow, about 18 minutes. They should double the size (most of that is air inside the bread).
- 7Serve warm.
- 8Tip: if you don’t worry with calories, you can serve with cream-cheese and butter. We can even add small pieces of bacon before bake.
- 9Note: if you don't have Parmesan, you can use any other hard cheese, like asiago or provolone.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pão De Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Puffs)
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 103.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: