Recipe by Tracy Graves
I call this super rich chocolate cake PMS cake because it is so good it can tame the meanest of chocolate cravings! You can use peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips and use any chopped nuts you like.
Top Review by moxie
This is a delicious rich and moist cake! When I made it, the recipe did not have any sugar in the batter -- so I guessed at one cup. It turned out great, and really has a nice flavor and is a snap to make. Thanks, Tracy for sharing the recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (or more)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk to blend with fork or wire whisk.
- Begin to boil water.
- Add to dry ingredients, the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed till smooth.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Add chips and nuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes or till cake tests done with wooden toothpick.
- Cool and frost with PMS Frosting.
- To make frosting, melt margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat, stir in cocoa till smooth.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Combine vanilla with the milk and slowly add while beating on low speed till you can spread.