Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Spicy Green Beans (Fresh-cut and stir-fried with fiery red chili sauce, fresh garlic and Sichuan preserves).
- 1 lb green beans
- 3 dried red chili peppers
- 2 green onions, white part
- 1 tablespoon garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sichuan chili flakes
- Break green beans into 1 1/2 inch long pieces with hands. Rinse and drain thoroughly. Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Slice green onions into strips to match beans. Chop garlic. Heat wok to medium high heat with oil.
- When the oil is hot, stir in red chili pepper, garlic, and green onions. Stir fry briefly until aromatic (1-2 minutes).
- Throw in the green beans and stir fry constantly until color turns dark green and they are about 60 percent cooked. Mix in sauce ingredients into wok. Combine sauce and green bean mixture.
- Cover and cook at high heat for 1-2 minutes. After the green beans are cooked through, season the dish with salt and pepper. Serve hot with rice.