Recipe by casseh
Source: Posted by LladyRusty 30 January 2001 at 4:00am - from P.F. Chang's, Roseville, California - Executive Chef D. J. Cheeks
Top Review by davisbs1971
I made this using the 1oz of sugar and without the sugar. I preferred the one without the sugar. I think next time, I will use a tablespoon of sugar. I didn't use the 1 oz of vinegar either, just a splash. It was delicious.
- 10 ounces chicken breasts
- potato starch
- canola oil
- 3 tablespoons oil, back into hot wok
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 ounce house white sauce (chicken stock with a touch of oyster sauce)
- 1 ounce sugar, and
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Diced chicken breast lightly coated with potato starch.
- Fill hot wok with enough Canola oil to fry chicken. Fry chicken for two to three minutes until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Drain the chicken. Rinse out the wok.
- Add oil back into hot wok, garlic*, green onions, chili paste *, house white sauce, Chang's Sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix in fried chicken. Sauce should bind to the chicken. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
- * Add spices to taste.