Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Singapore Street Noodles (Light curry sauce with thin rice noodles, sliced chicken breast, shrimp and fresh vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sriricha chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 gallons water
- 1 lb rice vermicelli
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces medium shrimp
- 8 ounces chicken, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup cabbage, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch scallion, green parts cut 2 inches long
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup fried shallots (garnish)
- 1 lime, quartered (garnish)
- Combine vinegar, curry powder and turmeric; mix until powders are well dissolved. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce and ketchup; mix well. Set aside.
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Place rice vermicelli in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain, then immediately rinse under rapid running hot water for 1 minute and drain well. Toss noodles with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil; set aside.
- In a hot wok or large frying pan, stir-fry shrimp and chicken in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until just done, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, cabbage, carrots and tomatoes; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add noodles; stir-fry 1 minute more. Add 1 cup vinegar mixture; stir-fry until ingredients are well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add scallions, cilantro and sesame oil; toss briefly.
- Garnish with fried shallots and a lime wedge.