Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Shrimp with Lobster Sauce (Garlic white wine sauce with Chinese black beans, mushrooms, scallions and egg).
Top Review by Dark L.
Although most Shrimp in Lobster sauce recipes do include ground pork PF Chang's does not. I asked about this specific ingredient today at the restaurant. This recipes sounds like it would be a good tasting recipe but it is not a "copy cat" due to the pork.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp and devein. Rinse shrimp and mix with cornstarch and white wine in a bowl. Mix sauce ingredients except cornstarch and marinate ground pork for 15 minutes.
- Add oil in wok and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove with a strainer and set aside. Reserve oil.
- Reheat wok and add garlic. Cook until aromatic (1 minute), then add the mushrooms and the ground pork, stirring constantly until the color of the pork changes (3 minutes).
- Simmer over medium heat (2 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and then add to pork mixture. Add shrimp back into the pork mixture. Cook until heated through (4 minutes).
- Combine beaten eggs with salt. Clear a space in the pan by pushing everything to the sides and add the beaten egg mixture.
- Allow to set and then scramble quickly (1 minute). Stir all together and serve hot over rice.