Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a copycat recipe off of the P F Changs website. After a single review, it has been determined that the soy sauce and vinegar are out of balance and should be switched around. Use 3 tbsp vinegar to 1 tsp soy sauce.
- 12 ounces cucumbers, peeled seeded sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 ounces gluten free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix together the sauce ingredients. Mix sauce together with the cucumbers. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Can be made ahead of time and chilled.
Made these tonight they were good except I let them marinate too long and they were mushy I'd recommend serving them pretty much right away. Also I'd try the original recipe it said to reduce the soy sauce in a post underneath but I ended up adding more
I'm reviewing this without leaving a star rating because I have never had PF Chang's Shanghai Cucumbers before, so I'm not sure what they're supposed to taste like. That being said, this was not a hit at our table... and we're fans of cucumber salads. My husband and I thought the sesame oil was overpowering and our kids wouldn't touch the cucumbers. I followed the recipe exactly as written.