Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Orange Peel Beef (Sichuan-style flank steak tossed with a mild chili sauce and fresh orange peel).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, fat removed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green bell peppers, rough chopped
- oil, for frying
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup plum sauce
- 12 dried chilies
- peel from 1 orange, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Cut beef into thin strips against the grain. Place beef in the marinade and toss well. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat ingredients for sauce and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch then simmer.
- Heat a wok with oil. Using a slotted spoon, add beef to wok allowing excess marinade to drain off. Quickly deep fry in wok (3 minutes) then remove to paper towel. Discard marinade.
- Remove all of the oil except 2 tablespoons oil. Pour sauce into the wok and heat until boiling. Add chopped peppers and stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in beef, toss well and serve immediately with hot cooked white or brown rice.