Member #610488's Note:
This copycat recipe is from the P F Chang's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cleaned
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 ounce scallion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1Dice the meat into tiny pieces. Place the meat in a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Mix together in circular motion until well mixed. Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- 2Mix together the citrus juices, soy, and hoisin sauce with a whisk. Reserve until needed. Clean the romaine lettuce, chopping off the stem, peeling each ‘spear’ and running under clean cold water. Reserve in refrigerator until ready to use. Chop scallions into rings and reserve chilled.
- 3Coat a very hot saute pan lightly with oil. Lay the meat around the saute pan being careful not to lay too many on top of each other. Sear the meat until crispy and golden brown, about 2 1/2 minutes. Once meat is brown, toss gently in pan and sear another 2 1/2 minutes. The pan will appear to “burn”, but that is the carmelization and where all the flavor comes from.
- 4Add 1/2 of the citrus soy mixture to the saute pan and coat well. Let the sauce coat the meat until it is glazed, and thickens on the meat. Add more or less depending on how “wet” you want your mixture. Spoon meat onto a serving bowl. Wrap the chicken mixture in romaine lettuce and top with scallion rings. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for P F Chang's Ginger Stir-Fry Romaine Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 1229.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free soy sauce