Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe of P F Chang's Garlic Noodles (Egg noodles tossed with garlic and chili pepper flakes).
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh chinese egg noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces cantonese stir-fry sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Rinse under cold water. Drain well then toss with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Wash cucumber. Slice diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices. Slice each slice into several strips. Set aside.
- Mix together Cantonese stir fry sauce. Set aside.
- Heat wok or large frying pan thoroughly. Add oil then garlic. Stir fry about 30 seconds. Do not burn garlic or it will take on an acrid smell and taste. If this happens, throw it out and start over.
- Add sugar, vinegar, stir fry sauce (stir sauce before adding), red pepper flakes and cilantro. Stir well.
- Add noodles to wok, stirring and tossing to mix until noodles are heated through.
- Place on serving plate, top with drops of sesame oil and surround with cucumber strips.