Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Dynamite Shrimp (Crispy shrimp tossed in a zesty sauce).
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces shrimp (buy the #36-40 sized ones)
- 7 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 24 snow peas
- 1 large scallion, white part 1/4-inch minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sambal chili paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground bean sauce
- cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch blended with 1 ounce water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble sauce ingredients and put aside.
- Heat a large saute pan, cast iron skillet, or electric wok until smoking. Add oil and baby carrots; saute until the color of carrots brightens. Add shrimp and stir fry until about half way cooked (1 minute). Add water chestnuts, snow peas and garlic. Saute briefly.
- Add scallions. Add chili paste, ground white pepper, and ground bean sauce. When you smell the "nuttiness" of the ground bean sauce, reduce heat and add sherry.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and let boil briefly. Add cornstarch slurry and stir until thickened (approximately 30 seconds).
- Serve along with steamed rice and garnish with cilantro.