Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Crispy Green Beans (Tempura-battered with our signature spicy dipping sauce).
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped (whites only)
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine batter ingredients.
- Using a fork, dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine sauce ingredients in blender. Serve with fried green beans.