1/2 Photos of P.f. Chang's® Chang's Spare Ribs by Todd Wilbur
Bay Laurel's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This is a Todd Wilbur recipe from "Top Secret Recipes." He says it is an appetizer on the menu but I used it as my main course when I made it.I have never been to a P.F. Chang's and I have never ordered spare ribs at an asian restaurant but maybe I will next time just to compare. I was pleased with the taste and the texture. I am sure I got more for my buck too:) Enjoy!!
My Private Note
rack of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the sauce by combining ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes,until thick.
- 4Heat up 12 to 16 cups of water in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add a couple teaspoons of salt to the water.
- 5As water boils, trim the excess fat and meat off and slice between the bones of each rib to seperate.
- 6When the water is boiling,toss the ribs in, and boil the ribs for 12 to 14 minutes.
- 7No pink should show when they are done.
- 8Remove ribs to a plate to cool.
- 9Heating 4 cups of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 10The oil should be about 375°.
- 11When the oil is hot, drop 4-6 ribs in at a time.
- 12Fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until meat browns.
- 13Drain off the ribs on a rack or paper towels.
- 14Fry all the ribs refore moving on to the next step.
- 15Heat wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- 16When the pan is hot, toss in all the ribs to coat with the sauce.
- 17Simmer the ribs in the sauce for the about a minute while stirring and dump.
- 18the ribs onto a serving plate when they are all coated with sauce.
- 19Sprinkle the ribs with sesame seeds and about a tablespoon of diced green onion.
- 20Serve with a pile of napkins.:).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for P.f. Chang's® Chang's Spare Ribs by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2688.7
- Calories from Fat 1398
- Total Fat 155.3 g
- Saturated Fat 49.3 g
- Cholesterol 520.7 mg
- Sodium 3014.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 126.4 g
- Protein 105.0 g