Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Beef with Broccoli (Sliced flank steak seared with fresh ginger, green onions and garlic).
- 3⁄4 lb flank steak, sliced very thin against the grain
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, minced (1 inch)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- hot cooked white rice or hot cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Place the sliced beef in a large ziplock bag. Stir together the marinade ingredients and pour into the bag. Smoosh to coat the beef in the mixture, then let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 2 minutes, or until crisp tender. Set aside. Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat an wok or very large skillet to high heat. Add the oil then gently place the beef in the wok and spread into a single layer. Let the beef cook for 1 minute without touching it.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir continuously for 1 minute, then add in the sauce and broccoli. Bring the sauce to a boil, then add in the cornstarch dissolved in water.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened slightly (2 minutes). Serve over rice, if desired.