I clipped this from a magazine. I've never had this from P.F. Chang's but I've made this recipe a few times and it's good (healthy) because it's steamed. Note: I did go off this recipe and made it to my taste, such as when cooking the veggies, I used less oil and a bit of chicken broth to "steam" the veggies and for more flavor I added a bit of chopped garlic to that as well. Also I added to the sauce since it's too bland for my taste, I added more sugar, some chopped garlic, some mirin, and a little ginger (refer to "All purpose stir fry sauce #87748). For best results do not use any Atlantic or atlantic farmed salmon. I have substituted broccoli florets for the asparagus (I forgot to buy it). Serve with brown or white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) alaskan sockeye salmon fillets
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 slices gingerroot, smashed (thin slices)
- 12 scallions, white and green parts separted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced and stems removed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups bok choy, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1Heat oven to 450°F Have ready either parchment paper or else heavy foil and also a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Brush each piece of salmon with 1 tsp sesame oil; season with salt and pepper. Place in parchment with ginger and green part of scallions on top. Fold parchment to make some sort of envelope or package for steaming fish. (Place on top of baking dish).
- 3Bake for about 8 minutes or until salmon is barely opaque in center.
- 4Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet until very hot but not smoking.
- 5Add mushrooms, asparagus and bok choy and stir-fry for about 2-3 min until veggies are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and stir-fry until just hot. Transfer to serving platter or 4 serving plates.
- 6Remove pan from oven. Careful opening the.
- 7packages of the steam. Place salmon on top of vegetables.
- 8Heat sauce ingriendents; (or use All-purpose Stir-fry Sauce #87748) pour over salmon and vegetables.
- 9Optional: garnish with white part of scallions and thin strips of ginger.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for P.f. Chang-Style Steamed Sockeye Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 2431.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 45.0 g