Adapted from Gourmet Magazine, December 1979. The recipe is credited to a reader, John Lynch-Staunton, who says that his father was served a similar dish on Prince Edward Island during WWII.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stick the cloves into the onion.
- 2Combine the onion, broth, juice, sugar, sauces and baking soda in a saucepan.
- 3Simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Discard the onion.
- 5Top each serving with an orange slice.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for P.E.I. (Prince Edward Island) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 817.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: