Recipe by Denise in NH
My ancestors on my mother's side are from Prince Edward Island Canada. This recipe came from the Gallant cookbook which are recipes submitted from all the decendents of the Gallant family from P.E.I.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 4 cups strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry berries thoroughly with paper towel.
- Arrange 3 cups of perfect berries close to one another with points up in pie shell.
- In saucepan stir in mixture of sugar, cornstarch and water; cook and stir over low heat until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and stir until slightly cooled then spoon over berries in pie shell.
- Chill thoroughly and garnish with remaining 1 cup strawberries and whipped cream.