Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A comfort food for me, my husband, and kids. May sound gross to some but it does the trick for us when we have the blahs. Adapted from a popular recipe served at The Basketcase Cafe, Dothan, AL.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons peanut butter (I use Jiff)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons apple jelly (or whatever jelly you prefer)
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread, toasted (1-inch thick slices)
- 2 slices bacon, fried crisp and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a shallow bowl wide enough to dip the sandwich.
- In the shallow bowl, beat together the egg and milk.
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter and apple jelly.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on one slice of Texas Toast.
- Lay bacon strips on top; cover with remaining slice of toast.
- Lightly press the sandwich together.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture; coat both sides.
- Fry sandwiches on a heated griddle or frypan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray for about 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Place sandwich on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Slice sandwich in half on the diagonal and serve.