Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A comfort food for me, my husband, and kids. May sound gross to some but it does the trick for us when we have the blahs. Adapted from a popular recipe served at The Basketcase Cafe, Dothan, AL.
- Use a shallow bowl wide enough to dip the sandwich.
- In the shallow bowl, beat together the egg and milk.
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter and apple jelly.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on one slice of Texas Toast.
- Lay bacon strips on top; cover with remaining slice of toast.
- Lightly press the sandwich together.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture; coat both sides.
- Fry sandwiches on a heated griddle or frypan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray for about 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Place sandwich on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Slice sandwich in half on the diagonal and serve.
Great recipe and I have tried it! I live outside of Dothan and I was surprised to see this!:) Thank you!
I am giving this three stars for now because I wasn't sure how I wanted to rate it. It has so many different flavors that were good but didn't know how I liked them all together. The combination makes a unusual dish. Thanks NurseDi. Bullwinkle