Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Recipe from A Collection of Pioneer Recipes from the Ozark Mountains of Missouri!
Top Review by VitaSource
What a treat! I looked hard for something good to do with my ripe persimmons...this was a good choice. Whole wheat pastry flour and xylitol for sugar, oil for shortening, baked in a 10" pie dish (no size mentioned) and it came out well. Thanks!
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1 cup pulp with 2 eggs, thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake in 350 oven for about 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cut in squares and top with whipped cream, and serve slightly warm.