Recipe by Lainey6605
Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 4/19/11 for the " Garlic Event " in the Food Photo Forum.Except for changing the white sugar for brown sugar the recipe was made exactlly as it was written.After making a sandwich and tasting,my SO and I both felt that it was very bland tasting. I really don't like giving any recipe 3 stars,but this recipe just didn't have any type of Sloppy Joe flavor at all.But,I do thank you for taking the time to post this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, seasonings, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.