Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Ozark Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, seasonings, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.
I made this recipe on 4/19/11 for the " Garlic Event " in the Food Photo Forum.Except for changing the white sugar for brown sugar the recipe was made exactlly as it was written.After making a sandwich and tasting,my SO and I both felt that it was very bland tasting. I really don't like giving any recipe 3 stars,but this recipe just didn't have any type of Sloppy Joe flavor at all.But,I do thank you for taking the time to post this recipe.
They were very easy to do. I used half of a red onion. I have not made a lot of sloppy joes in my life but this one was not the taste I was looking for. I ate it with a slice of cheese and ketchup. But it needed something else. Another time I may do like Nimz and add brown sugar, ketchup, cider vinegar. Thanks Lainey. Made for 123 hit wonders
I liked the flavor of these sloppy joes. They made an easy, quick and good dinner for us. I followed the ingredients per recipe. Made for 1,2,3, Wonders.