Recipe by CindiJ
My sister found this recipe some 30+ years ago...President Truman requested this often and Bess would go to the kitchen and make this for him herself. This is best served warm with FRESH whipped cream.
- 2 eggs, beaten till thick &,lemon colored
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped raw apples
- 1 cup black walnut, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs well until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add sugar to eggs.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Chop apples (with skins) and nut meats- fold into batter.
- Grease 9x9 pan well with butter.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake in preheated 325º oven approximately 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Pudding falls slightly after baking.