Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister found this recipe some 30+ years ago...President Truman requested this often and Bess would go to the kitchen and make this for him herself. This is best served warm with FRESH whipped cream.
- Beat eggs well until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add sugar to eggs.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Chop apples (with skins) and nut meats- fold into batter.
- Grease 9x9 pan well with butter.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake in preheated 325º oven approximately 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Pudding falls slightly after baking.
I remember my mother making this back in the 50's and 60's. Very good!
I use this all the time. It's my favorite dessert. I use a 10" pie plate and serve it with fresh sweetened whipped creme in wedges. It's the same recipe my mom used when I was growing up.
This is the exact recipe my mother rec'd from my aunt... I loved it in the 60s and I love it now! Excellent served warm w/ a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. YUM!