Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This pie forms its own bottom and top crust so it is sort of like a pie/cake. Makes a fairly shallow pie so to make it higher, bake in a 9-inch pan and increase baking time 5-8 minutes.
Top Review by *Z*
Very tasty! It's pretty sweet and kind of hard to get out of the pan. LOL I used 2 whole eggs so I wouldn't have a lonley egg white floating around and I used 2 apples b/c I like apples. I don't know if that made a difference in getting it out of the dish or not but it was very yummy reguardless. :)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour, plus
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 22.18 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts
- fresh whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, sugar, and brown sugar; beat, using an electric mixer, for 2 minutes or until light and airy; blend in vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into the batter along with the apple and nuts.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pie pan; smoothing the top to even out.
- Place pie on the center rack of a 350° oven; bake about 30 minutes or until the top is a dark golden brown and crusted over; the apples will most likely be visible through the crust.
- Place pie on a wire rack and let cool.
- Serve barely warm or at room temperature, garnished with whipped cream.