1/1 Photo of Ozark Pie
This pie forms its own bottom and top crust so it is sort of like a pie/cake. Makes a fairly shallow pie so to make it higher, bake in a 9-inch pan and increase baking time 5-8 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- fresh whipped cream
- 1Butter a 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie pan; set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, sugar, and brown sugar; beat, using an electric mixer, for 2 minutes or until light and airy; blend in vanilla.
- 3In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into the batter along with the apple and nuts.
- 4Transfer mixture into prepared pie pan; smoothing the top to even out.
- 5Place pie on the center rack of a 350° oven; bake about 30 minutes or until the top is a dark golden brown and crusted over; the apples will most likely be visible through the crust.
- 6Place pie on a wire rack and let cool.
- 7Serve barely warm or at room temperature, garnished with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ozark Pie
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 289.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g