Recipe by 4Susan
Topped with whipped cream this apple pudding makes a grand finalé to any meal! This forms an impressive and beautiful golden brown top crust, with a sweet pudding center. The apples are perfectly tender.
Top Review by deeprose3_6854654
Why aren't people making this everyday? It was sooooo good. I found this recipe after watching a show on food network that featured 'Huguenot Pudding', and somehow searched to find it was the same as Ozark Pudding. This was easy & delish. The only thing I did different was I chopped 2 apples, because I didn't think one would be enough. It is amazing.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (any kind) (optional)
- 1 apple, any kind, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs and sugar until very smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bake in greased pie tin for 35 minutes.
- *Serve topped with whipped cream, or drizzle with heavy cream. Awesome with a scoop of vanilla icecream!