Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Topped with whipped cream this apple pudding makes a grand finalé to any meal! This forms an impressive and beautiful golden brown top crust, with a sweet pudding center. The apples are perfectly tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs and sugar until very smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bake in greased pie tin for 35 minutes.
- *Serve topped with whipped cream, or drizzle with heavy cream. Awesome with a scoop of vanilla icecream!
Why aren't people making this everyday? It was sooooo good. I found this recipe after watching a show on food network that featured 'Huguenot Pudding', and somehow searched to find it was the same as Ozark Pudding. This was easy & delish. The only thing I did different was I chopped 2 apples, because I didn't think one would be enough. It is amazing.
I rated this 4 stars because usually something this easy and this cheap doesn't taste all that great. I already had everything but the apple. I used Braeburn, if anybody is curious. I didn't put in nuts because I leave the nuts out of everything. I ate mine with whipped cream on top and it was great! I made this for "Cookbook Tag".
Wonderful! Added quite a bit of cinnamon and used dark brown sugar (and not a whole cup, probably about 2/3rds. Didn't have nuts so added lots of raisins. Will definately be making this again and again! Thanks for a great and easy recipe!