Recipe by Jewelies
A twist on the classic Oysters Kilpatrick.
Top Review by Peter J
Mmmm! I really liked the idea of cooking the bacon and sauce in a saucepan before adding to the oysters because it blended the flavours well and meant the oysters weren't overcooked just needed a gentle heating through. I used about double the amount of Worcestershire and gave it a few minutes of gentle heat after adding to really let it soak into the bacon and nuts but only because I'm a big fan of Worcestershire with oysters and it was just wonderful! Only other change I made was to use dried chives instead of fresh, but only because I didn't have fresh chives but fresh would be even better.
- 18 oysters, in the shells
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook bacon in a small heavy-based pan over medium heat until browned.
- Add pine nuts and sauce, stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto each oyster. Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake 5-10 minutes or until oysters are heated through. Do not overcook.
- Serve immediately.