12 hrs 5 mins
You bite into the oyster and you get an icy cold explosion of flavour. This other than natural is my favorite way to eat an oyster, great for entertaining as they stay cold and look great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir the caster sugar into the boiling water until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2Add the lime juice and rind, fish sauce, chilli and sweet chilli sauce.
- 3Freeze in ice cube trays.
- 4To serve, rinse oysters and place on a bed of rock salt or crushed ice.
- 5Place flavoured ice cubes in a blender and process to turn into slushy ice.
- 6Spoon over oysters and garnish with mint sprigs.
- 7Serve with a fork.
- 8The frozen dressing keeps the oysters cold and provides a fabulous sharp sauce as it melts.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oysters With Frozen Chilli Lime Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce