Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tried this yet - another magazine clipping
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 48 oysters (in half shell)
- 2 shallots (spring onions)
- ice (crushed)
- Cut shallots (spring onions) into 5 cm lengths then shred legthwise very finely.
- Put the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl and mix until well combined. Add finely chopped coriander.
- Arrange the oysters on a platter on a bed of crushed ice. Place a couple of shreds of shallot (spring onion) on each oyster and serve immediately, either with a little of the dressing spooned over each oyster or, if you prefer, with the dressing served separately.
* Reviewed during Pick A Chef PAC April 2010 * 5 stars- so easy and loved the asian style flavours. We used Sydney Rock Oysters and they turned out terrific. So easy to prepare. Photo also to be posted