Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hollywood personality Martha Hyer serves this easy-to-prepare, perfectly delicious steak-oyster "bake" as one of her specialties.
- 1 beef sirloin steak, cut 1 ¾ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pint oyster, drained and picked over
- Broil steak 5 minutes on each side; remove to heatproof platter.
- Spread steak with 1 tbsp butter and sprinkle with mixture of ½ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cover steak with oysters; season oysters with ½ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and dot remaining butter.
- Leaving steak on platter, bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until oysters are plump with edges curled.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.