Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I'm trying to copy a recipe I had at Latitude 31 on Jekyll Island! Yet to try... but this may be close.
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, steamed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup minced leek
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 12 oysters, on half a shell
- 4 ounces dark sambuca romana
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add shallots and leeks, sauté until translucent.
- Remove skillet from the stove, carefully set the skillet back, keeping your face away.
- Add Sambuca and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, then fold in the garlic.
- Line oysters on a baking sheet.
- Spoon sauce on the top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 7 minutes and serve hot.