Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious adaptation of the famous oyster dish. It's rich and savory--a perfect addition to any feast! We usually have this Christmas Eve but it's great any time of year! Originally from a 1979 Houston Home and Garden with Thanksgiving recipes. The soup can be made ahead of time and slowly reheated. Doubles easily.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Add garlic and onions; cook over medium high heat until onions are transparent.
- Add oysters; cook until oysters are firm, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cream, stir well to combine.
- Add spinach and bring to a boil.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- If desired, process in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- I usually purée half to give the soup some body.
- Season to taste with seasonings and serve.