Leslie in Texas's Note:
A delicious adaptation of the famous oyster dish. It's rich and savory--a perfect addition to any feast! We usually have this Christmas Eve but it's great any time of year! Originally from a 1979 Houston Home and Garden with Thanksgiving recipes. The soup can be made ahead of time and slowly reheated. Doubles easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and stir in flour.
- 2Add garlic and onions; cook over medium high heat until onions are transparent.
- 3Add oysters; cook until oysters are firm, about 8 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth and cream, stir well to combine.
- 5Add spinach and bring to a boil.
- 6Remove soup from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- 7If desired, process in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- 8I usually purée half to give the soup some body.
- 9Season to taste with seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oysters Rockefeller Soup
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.9
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 480.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.3 g