Rich appetizer you can assemble ahead of time. A "standard" at our house, along with crawfish or shrimp pies, on special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 dozen oysters
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed (very imprortant--do not omit)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1Clean& drain oysters and set aside.
- 2In skillet, melt butter& saute celery& onion, stir in parsley, spinach, anise, worcestershire, and pepper.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Grease or spray 8 ramekins.
- 5Place 3 oysters in the bottom of ea ramekin.
- 6Cover oysters with spinach mixture.
- 7(***youcan do it in advance up to his point and refrigerate).
- 8Bake@ 350 for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove& top with cheese and crumbs.
- 10Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- 11**Ifyou don't own ramekins, bake in a shallow baking pan.
- 12This is not a beautiful dish, so the attractive containers help.
- 13I made this for years without them.
- 14The ramekins make it easier to serve, too.
- 15I usually do this as an appetizer, but it makes a main course for 4.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oysters Rockefeller En Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 120.3 mg
- Sodium 412.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 20.4 g