Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
As rich as the name implies! From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 24 oysters, on the half shell
- coarse salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup spinach, cooked
- 4 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 3 celery hearts
- 1 scallion, green part only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons cracker crumbs
- Place about 1 inch of salt in baking pan, heat and arrange the oysters on the half shell firmly in the salt.
- Broil at moderate heat until edges start to curl.
- Chop the first five sauce ingredients very fine.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat to the boiling point.
- Pour hot sauce over each oyster and return pan to the oven to brown the sauce slightly.
- Discard salt.