This is a lovely dish to serve as an appetizer on Christmas or New Years Eve. Very elegant. one of my all time favorites
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 oysters, shucked (the fresher the better)
- 4 cups rock salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup hollandaise sauce (Blender Hollandaise Sauce)
- 1Shuck oysters, remove meat and set bottom portion of each shell in an oven proof pan of rock salt to steady them and protect them from high heat.
- 2Discard top of shell.
- 3Set oysters aside.
- 4Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat Add shallots cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Add Garlic, spinach, bacon and parsley.
- 6Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 7Saute until hot.
- 8Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in wine, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, and cream.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Simmer until thickened about 5 minutes.
- 12Stir in parmesan cheese.
- 13Divide this mixture among prepared shells.
- 14Place 1 oyster in each shell on top of spinach mixture.
- 15Broil 2 minutes .
- 16Coat lightly with Hollandaise (Blender Hollandaise Sauce.).
- 17Broil 3 more minutes or until golden.
- 18Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Oysters Rockefeller
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.6
- Calories from Fat 587
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.7 g
- Cholesterol 323.8 mg
- Sodium 1127.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: