Recipe by April410
The Traditional way
Top Review by Bergy
Excellent recipe,I served it as one of the appetizers on New Years Eve. They went over well. I use some crumpled foil under each shell so they sit upright while baking. I like a piece of baquette along side to wipe up the last of the goodies left in the shell. If it wasn't New Years Eve I would like to add 2 cloves of fine chopped garlic Thanks April 410 for posting this delicious recipe
- 24 oysters, on the half shell
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, cooked, well drained
- 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using a food processor, chop the spinach, breadcrumbs, green onions, bacon and parsley. Add the remaining ingredients and process until finely chopped but not pureed, about 10 seconds. Layer the oysters in their half shells on a pan with rock salt. Spoon some of the spinach mixture one each oyster. Bake 10 minutes until cooked through, then broil until browned on top. Serve hot.