An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. Courtesy of Chef Jay Kimball of Romaire's, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 bell peppers, roasted and cut into strips (your choice of yellow, red or green)
- 16 large oysters
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning, mix (Seafood Seasoning Mix, store bought, or your own recipe)
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil, for frying (about a cup)
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup beef broth or 1/3 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon creole mustard
- 1/8 teapoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- skewers (if using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak 1/2 hour in water or stock before threading) or toothpick (if using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak 1/2 hour in water or stock before threading)
- 1Cut prosciutto into 16 cubes.
- 2Place the end of a pepper strip on a metal skewer, ad a cube of prosciutto, an oyster, and wrap by skewering the other end of the pepper strip.
- 3Repeat until skewer is filled.
- 4Combine seafood seasoning, corn flour and salt.
- 5Roll the skewered food in corn flour mixture.
- 6Heat oil in a large frypan to 350F and cook the skewers for a couple of minutes on each side or until golden.
- 7Remove and place on absorbent paper/paper towels to drain.
- 8To make the sauce: Bring the first five sauce ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 9Whisk the butter in a tablespoon at a time, until smooth.
- 10To serve: Remove food from skewers and divide among serving plates.
- 11Drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oysters, Prosciutto and Roasted Peppers W/ Creole Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.9 mg
- Sodium 880.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: