I posted a recipe for Oysters Kilpatrick a while ago, so I thought I would post one for Mornay, I have to say kilpatrick are probably my favourite, but mornay are very good. I think it just depends on personal preference and tastes. I will post a recipe for 4 as a starter, when I make oysters I like to make half kilpatrick and half mornay. It was my sisters birthday on the weekend and this in one of the dishes I did, my sis has never eaten an oyster and always proclaimed yuk. Well we managed to convince her to try a mornay one, she loved it and so decided to also try the kilpatrick, she couldn't believe she had been missing out on something so good for so long.
- Prep time is for oysters already halved.
- Heat milk in a pan, when hot, mix a little water with cornflour, add to milk and stir until mixture thickens, it should be quite a thick consistency.
- Add Gruyere and 2 tablespoons Parmesan stir until cheese has melted.
- Pour rock salt into an oven proof dish enough to cover the bottom, helps oysters to sit evenly, place oysters in dish, spoon sauce over oysters to cover, sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over each oyster (note: 2 Tablespoons approx enough to cover.).
- Grill Oysters until browned and bubbling.